Are you confused that how to start learning web-development or what to learn for web-development?
Don't worry. I'll share the learning path to guide you. So you can have clear idea about how much you need to learn in which order.
Front End Development
Developing the client side web application comes under front end development. DOM stands for Document Objects Model. Whatever is presented by browser from the HTML and CSS is called DOM. DOM is created and modified in front end development. You need to learn HTML, CSS and JS for creating the attractive webpage which can handle the events (eg. keyboard events, mouse events page loading event etc.) You can use libraries and frameworks for reduce the development time.
- It stands for Hyper Text Markup Language.
- It is used for creating basic webpages.
- Elements are used to write the content. Element has one opening tag and on closing tag. Every tag has it's own property.
- Attributes are used in opening tags as a modifier of an element.
- It stands for Cascading Style Sheet.
- It is used to format the webpages. It can be used for decorate, animate or transform the elements.
- It can also handle few events using pseudo-classes.
JS and ES:
- JS stands for ECMAScript.
- It is used for event handling and DOM manupulation.
After learning basics about HTML, CSS, JS, you can go with libraries and frameworks.
Front End Libraries and Frameworks:
Libraries and frameworks are used to increase the productivity. Common tasks can be performed.
- Bootstrap is used for CSS.
- ReactJS is used to make webpages by creating reusable components.
- Angular is for creating efficient and sophisticated single-page apps.
- JQuery is for the replacement of long JS code in the methods.
Back End Development
You need to pick one back-end language and framework:
- Python (django, flask etc.)
- Java (Spring, Hibernate etc.)
- PHP (laravel, Symphony etc.)
You have to select one database for storing the data.
You can use the frameworks for databases also.